News & Notes
LOGO WEAR NOW AVAILABLE TO ORDER ONLINE!
The St. Ann’s ONLINE Boutique is now open HERE! The online store is where you can place orders for a wide range of quality, stylish Logo Wear for students and adults through our vendor, Company Casuals.
To take advantage of the most economical pricing structure, logo wear orders will be grouped and submitted in bulk on the last Friday of the month during the school year (October - May) and twice during the months of August, September, December and January (2nd and 4th Friday). Orders for the rest of the year can be submitted via the website anytime before noon on the order submission day (Jan. 13, 2017; Jan. 27, 2017; Feb. 24, 2017; March 31, 2017; April 28, 2017; May 26, 2017). Payments can be made online via PayPal or by cash or check which can be dropped off in the school office in the Home & School mailbox (see “Logo Wear” folder). Prices include embroidery and shipping. All items will be delivered to the school for pick-up.
Questions? Please contact St. Ann's Boutique Chair, Gina Sorensen or Home & School Co-Chair, Lynn Wood.
PLEASE NOTE: Shirts/tops with the current St. Ann logo are required attire for K - 8 students at Friday Mass, as well as for field trips and other special events as notified by school staff.
ST ANN’S BOUTIQUE
The St. Ann’s Home & School Boutique Committee is pleased to announce that the Boutique is open for business and stocked with new St. Ann’s logo items and the popular coffee from Just Coffee. At monthly “pop up boutiques” located near the office, you can stop by the to purchase coffee, a variety of logo items, cash & carry school uniform items, scrip gift cards and other goodies.
Available items include:
- Canvas Tote Bag - $10.00
- Water bottle - $8.00
- Drawstring Backpack - $7.00
- Coffee Mug – $7.00
- Scarf with logo - $12.00
- Hat with logo - $12.00
- Pen - $1.50
- Coffee – $11 (whole bean)/$12 (ground)
- Hot Cocoa - $6.00
- Coffee Basket (mug, Just Coffee, $5 Starbucks gift card) - $22.00
- Hot Cocoa Basket (mug, hot cocoa, $5 Starbucks gift card) - $18.00
The small mark up on boutique items will be used to support activities of the Home & School Association.
In addition, if you have logo wear that is in good shape that you would like to make available to other students, you are invited to bring the clean items, on hangers to the school office. For every item you consign, you will receive credit toward a future logo wear order – new items only. You will receive credit as follows: $5 for t-shirts; $7 for short & long-sleeve polos, oxfords, jerseys and vests; $10 for sweatshirts. All items must be in good condition and acceptable for wearing to mass in order to receive credit. If you are not ordering new items against which to allocate credit, you should feel free to sell items via your own/other channels. No cash will be refunded. The consigned items will be available at the credit prices noted above.
SPAGHETTI DINNER UPDATE
Thank you to everyone who has already donated items or given monetary contributions to support the February 3 Spaghetti Dinner. If you have not already done so, please see the Sign Up Genius link
to see what is still needed. All donations are needed in the the office by Monday, January 9.
It’s your support and your efforts to spread the word to others that will make this an outstanding event for community building and fundraising for St. Ann School!
If you have questions, please contact committee co-chair, Amy DiBenedetto.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
Be sure to mark your calendars for the upcoming Home & School Association events and activities:
- Movie Night – January 27, 2017
- Spaghetti Dinner – February 3, 2017
- Bingo Night – April 21, 2017
- Adult Fundraiser – April 28, 2017
- Bike Rodeo – May 13, 2017
- School Picnic/Outdoor mass – June 3, 2017
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
During the first half of the 2016/17 school year, many generous St. Ann’s parents have dedicated some much appreciated time to leading events and activities for our school family that make it a special – and fun – place to be. Please join us in extending special thanks to the following Home & School Association Committee Chairs for their commitment and leadership in driving successful events and fundraising efforts so far this year:
- JUDY APEL – Judy lead the charge on the very successful Harvest Happenings Dance. The decorations were beautiful, the dancing was fun and attendees young and young at heart had a knee-slapping good time!
- AUDREY BRIDGES & AMY DIBENEDETTO – This dynamic duo has already put in countless hours along with their team to lay the groundwork for the best and most successful Spaghetti Dinner yet! With raffle tickets sales already soaring above past successes and public awareness for the event at a high level, the Feb. 3 event that caps off Catholic Schools Week is on track to be a perfect fundraising and community building event for our school and parish community.
- KRISTIN DANINGER – Ever wonder how the “trash” you diligently collect and bring to school is magically turned into “treasure”? The ongoing commitment of Kristin and her team who collect, organize and submit those box tops, labels and other items and turn them in for cash. Thanks to Kristin, Home & School recently received a check for more than $800 for box tops alone! Keep the “magic” going, Kristin!
- KARI FERHNOLZ – As second-year chair of the newly formed Adult Fundraising Committee, Kari and her team are off and running on the plans for a 2nd annual adult-only fundraising event on April 28 that promises to be even more fun than the wildly popular “RockIt!” inaugural event in 2016. Stay tuned for details!
- JOE KARLEN – In his position as chair of the “Special Ops” fundraising committee, Joe pulled off the difficult task of coordinating two fun, community-building events in one week. First was a St. Ann’s night at Culver’s, a generous local business that supports St. Ann’s. Later that same week, he helped coordinate an “in-house” UltraZone laser tag event that drew more than 60 students. Thanks, Joe!
- JIM OPITZ – With Jim’s diligent commitment to making Scrip gift cards easily available for purchase to St. Ann school and parish families, this important school fundraiser is poised to reach record income goals.
- DIANA PROBST – With Diana at the helm of the popular book fair, the event went smoothly and was successful in both raising funds for our school, and in creating a special opportunity for students, parents, grand parents and other special people to celebrate the importance of books and reading.
- DANIELLE SHUMATE-OLSON – Shout out to Danielle for taking on the big role of coordinating the details of grandparents/special persons’ day. By all accounts, the day was a huge success and both our special guests and students enjoyed the festivities!
JENNY TECHE – As chair of the Parish/Community Connections Committee Jenny helped coordinate kids’ activities for the Parish Festival. In spite of challenges posed by this early-year activity, Jenny did an excellent job pulling together all of the pieces for a successful Youth-A-Palooza.
- WHITNEY & BRIAN BRIMMER, NATALIE NEMECKAY, SARAH NELSON, LIZ WOLTER, TAMARA MEHRING, LISA CLARK AND DAVE DUGAN - Thank you CLASSROOM PARENTS who coordinated memorable classroom celebrations to help kick off the holiday break and teacher gifts that demonstrated appreciation for the staff in our school.
- LYNN WOOD In addition to keeping things moving smoothly with the Home & School Association as the organization’s co-chair, along with Russ Horton, Lynn has also shepherded the newly created Funding Development committee. This committee’s work is on track to help our school and parish develop a long-term funding strategy that will help grow our St. Ann’s community while ensuring its long-term viability.
- GINA SORENSEN Thanks goes to Gina for her willingness to take on the new St. Ann's Boutique chair position and helping to spread some "St. Ann's Sunshine" with the various logo items, coffee and hot cocoa.
Thanks, too, to the Home & School Association steering committee members who have served as liaisons for all of these committees and have filled in when necessary to make sure the chairs have the support and information they need to succeed. And, to the many committee volunteers who help support the chairs and the work we all do to make St. Ann’s School such a special place.
It’s because of outstanding efforts like these and the commitment of so many others who helped make these events such a great success that St. Ann’s truly does ROCK!
OTHER NEWS & NOTES
St. Ann Drama Club will be presenting the musical Madagascar, Jr. this Spring.
Watch for more information about Drama Club after the Christmas break.
Tutoring Services Available
Mrs. Kathleen Korab has been a reading specialist and tutor for 38 years. She is available for private tutoring in reading. If you would like information on how to contact Mrs. Korab, please call the school office.